Monday 20 April 2009

Maulidur Rasul 2009: Project Smile

Thought of sharing this with everyone, instead of just those on Facebook. (:

My mother asked, "How was it?"

She was amused. Maybe even a little surprised that her two daughters survived an entire day of spring-cleaning without giving up. Then again, how could we? How could we back out when we had so much to give, and surrounded by so much love?

In response to her question, my sister and I tried sharing what happened in between laughters. Mother started laughing probably because our laughters were too contagious, not because of the stories shared.

We had fun.

Prophet Muhammad S.A.W said, "Smiling in the face of your brother is charity (sadaqa)." - Jami Tirmidhi

At this point in time, I'm really so glad that the root of this fun, our niat from the very start, was to seek His blessings and InsyaAllah, be a better Muslim.

I'm certain we all learnt a thing or two from Project Smile. It may not be as successful as we envisioned it to be, but it's safe to say we walked away satisfied. We gave our all - maybe even more. And when we saw Encik. Misron smile... MasyaAllah. It was so beautiful.

Abdullah ibn Haarith, radi Allahu 'anhu said, "I have never seen anyone who smiled more than Allah's Messenger." - Jami Tirmidhi

We didn't get the chance to share what we learnt during post-mortem, so here's my take.

1. I was reminded time and again to be thankful for my family. Alhamdulillah. For I doubt I would be able to enjoy life without the daily company of the people I love, only to be entertained by a television.

2. I was reminded that smiling is effortless and it doesn't take a lot to make someone's day. On a personal note, this is something I really need to work on.

3. I learnt to be thankful for what I've got. My family, friends, house... For they're all never mine to begin with. This is a reminder more to myself than anyone else, to thank Him for lending me so many of His wonderful creations.

So thank you Nady. Thank you for all the laughters, for being awesome pillars of strength, for being the great person He has blessed you to be and making full use of your time at an attempt to please Him.

This extremely wonderful lady will be sitting for her first exam paper today. Please doa for her so that with Allah's Grace, she will be able to excel beyond expectations and become a fantabulous teacher. InsyaAllah. (:

Jarir, radi Allahu 'anhu, reported: "Since I embraced Islam, Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) never refused to see me and he did not see me but with a smile on his face." - Sahih Muslim